With 12,000 flowers, modern designer decorations, high fashion couture with the essence of ecuadorian traditions and a delightful array of the country’s espectacular gastronomy, Quito dressed up to host the World Travel Awards 2104 at Itchimbía Cultural Center on Saturday August 9, 2014.
The country was recognized worldwide with 15 awards, eight in the South America category and seven in Ecuador’s category. The country won as "South America’s Leading Green Destination 2014 and Quito was recognized as “Leading Destination in South America 2014", amongst other awards.
The ceremony for the South and Central America World Travel Awards, named as “Oscars of the tourism industry” by The Wall Street Journal, gathered in the emblematic Cristal Palace over 300 guests from the American, Ecuadorian and United Kingdom touristic industry, this latter as organizer.
These are the prestigious recognitions Ecuador received:
South America Awards
• South America’s Leading Destination 2014: Quito
• South America’s Leading Green Destination 2014: Ecuador
• South America’s Leading Airport 2014: Mariscal Sucre International Airport
• South America’s Leading Conference Hotel 2014: Swissotel Quito
• South America’s Leading Green Hotel 2014: Finch Bay Eco Hotel
• South America’s Leading Luxury Train 2014: Tren Crucero
• South America’s Leading Tourism Board 2014: Ecuadorian Ministry of Tourism
• South America’s Leading Resort 2014: Arashá Tropical Forest Resort Spa
• Ecuador’s Leading Boutique Hotel: Hotel Plaza Grande
• Ecuador’s Leading Business Hotel: Swissotel Quito
• Ecuador’s Leading Green Hotel: Mashpi Lodge
• Ecuador’s Leading Hotel: JW Marriott Hotel Quito
• Ecuador’s Leading Resort: Arashá Tropical Forest Resort & Spa
• Ecuador’s Leading Spa Resort: Termas de Papallacta
• Leading Presidential Suite: Hotel Hilton Colón Guayaquil
The World Travel Awards recognize the tourism organizations that go beyond the limits of excellence in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry worldwide.